Friday, January 30, 2009

Setting up my Lotus Foundations Server

Before we began, Edgar Olmos and I started the planning for the installation. We bought a UPS for electrical protection and a gigabyte switch.






We both took the IBM Lotus Foundations Start Technical Workshop in the IBM Innovation center in Chicago, so we had certain level of experience.




I have a DSL connection with a router/switch all in one. Since we planned to use the LFS as a firewall, we needed the new switch to be connected in the second ethernet port, protected by the firewall.
The installation went smoothly as expected. The main difficulties we encounterd had nothing to do with the server itself, but more with the workstation joining the new domain.



We have a brand new infrastructure in our office!
In my next post I will discuss my experiences deploying Lotus Notes applications to LFS.

No comments:

Post a Comment